Section Editor: Chirag D. Gandhi
The Joint Cerebrovascular Section (JCV) of the AANS/CNS is dedicated to globally expanding the understanding of cerebrovascular disease and its innovative treatments through international educational and scientific collaboration.
The goals of our international mission are to:
- Encourage international members to join and contribute to the increasingly diverse cerebrovascular community through conference-based and online discussions.
- Form partnerships with other international societies to create informative and innovative annual meetings.
- Promote exchange international training opportunities through a comprehensive directory.
- Expand the collaboration of all cerebrovascular physicians in both US-based and International Clinical Trials and Registries.
The success of our international initiatives depends on your participation. We are committed to creating a diverse, global cerebrovascular organization that offers compelling education, scientific, and networking opportunities for its members.
International Membership Benefits include...
- Discounted Annual Meeting Rates
- Enrollment in a global database of cerebrovascular practitioners that can be searched by patients
- Access to "Member-only" section of website that include online blog and case discussions
- Email updates with important CV Section news
- Have the opportunity to be featured in our quarterly newsletter and website
Become A Member
The JCV Section is committed to promoting partnerships to enhance cerebrovascular education and scientific advancement. Annual collaborative meetings with our international neurosurgical colleagues continue to be a highly successful avenue to discuss issues that are important to all practitioners in our rapidly changing field.
Upcoming Joint CV Section Annual Meeting:
Houston, Texas - Feb 20-21, 2017
International Partner: Federation of Latin American Neurosurgery (FLANC)
Previous Annual Meetings:
The JCV Section would like to thank our colleagues from the SNIS as well as our international partners for helping host the annual International Endovascular Stroke Conference in conjunction with the CV Section Annual Meeting
Honolulu, Hawaii – Feb 3-5, 2013
International partner: Japanese Mt. Bandai Symposium/Pan-Pacific Neurosurgery
San Diego, California – Feb 9-11, 2014
International partner: Society of Brazilian Neurosurgery
Nashville, Tennessee - Feb 8-10, 2015
International partner: The European Association of Neurosurgical Society: Vascular Section
Los Angeles, California - Feb 15-16, 2016
International partner: Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
Upcoming International Cerebrovascular and Neurointerventional Meetings:
Val d'Isere, Val d'Isere, France: Jan 15-20, 2017
International Stroke Conference, Houtson, Texas, USA: Feb 22-24, 2017
LINCC, Paris France: June 13-15, 2017
SNIS, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA: July 24-28, 2017
WFITN, Budapest, Hungary, Oct 16-19, 2017
International Neurosurgical Societies:
European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS)
World Federation of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology (WFITN)
European Society of Minimally Invasive Therapy (ESMINT)
Cerebrovascular Training Opportunities:
The JCV recognizes that future of cerebrovascular neurosurgery depends on the collaborative education of our trainees in neurological surgery and neurointerventional surgery. In order to promote an improved exchange of educational ideas and clinical expertise, we have established directories of training programs in both the US and abroad for those seeking training opportunities.
US Institutions accepting International Trainees
International Opportunities for US Trainees
If you would like to add your institution to our database, please contact us.